HCL News - Preparing for the Future
- HealthCare ConsultLink
As healthcare operations start to be addressed under alternative standards, now is the time to focus on the items that might have affected agencies during the earlier weeks of the COVID-19 pandemic. One challenge will be ensuring that agencies are prepared for the future. With an eventful beginning to the Atlantic hurricane season, earthquakes, flooding, and various other recent natural disasters, HealthCare ConsultLink (HCL) would like to remind agencies of the need to plan for secondary, and even simultaneous, disasters.
The following items might be of interest for agencies to assist with planning:
- HealthCare ConsultLink, in conjunction with Knight CPA Group and DLA Piper, will be hosting a Pandemic Recovery Webinar Series. Dates and registration information will be sent out soon.
- ASPR TRACIE Novel Coronavirus Resources
- HCL has developed a new Donning and Doffing PPE Competency Checklist, which will also be added to the online manual in the near future.
- Existing EVV Users: Temporary Policies for COVID-19 Extended to June 30, 2020 – The temporary policies are now effective through June 30, 2020. HHSC will provide further guidance, as needed.
- [6/19/2020] FDA advises consumers not to use any hand sanitizer manufactured by Eskbiochem SA de CV in Mexico, due to the potential presence of methanol (wood
alcohol), a substance that can be toxic when absorbed through the skin or ingested. FDA has identified the following products manufactured by Eskbiochem:
- All-Clean Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-002-01)
- Esk Biochem Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-007-01)
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 75% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-008-04)
- Lavar 70 Gel Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-006-01)
- The Good Gel Antibacterial Gel Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-010-10)
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 80% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-005-03)
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 75% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-009-01)
- CleanCare NoGerm Advanced Hand Sanitizer 80% Alcohol (NDC: 74589-003-01)
- Saniderm Advanced Hand Sanitizer (NDC: 74589-001-01)
- TAHCH Hospice Academy Series – Multiple dates and topics
- TAHCH Cyber Security Issues for Home Health & Hospice Providers – July 1, 2020 at 12:00 pm
- The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) reminds long-term care (LTC) providers to review their emergency preparedness and response plans in preparation for the Atlantic hurricane season, which runs June 1 through November 30, 2020. Providers also should factor in COVID-19 contingencies when reviewing their preparedness plans.